Saturday, January 12, 2008

January Book Club Selection "The Gathering"

Greetings!
I believe you are visiting this blog out of interest for the new Gingerbread Book Club - thanks for checking us out! This month's book is "The Gathering" by Anne Enright. I am interested to hear what you are thinking about this book - in terms of content, mood and your own reaction and enjoyment of it. I've had a few conversations with some of you already and believe my own opinion of it is purely personal. For me, January is a time of new-energy, new-direction, new-possibilities and I find I gravitate to books that support this rejuvenation at this time of year. With that said, I found that "The Gathering" was a little too solemn in content for my January mood. With that said, I would really enjoy hearing your opinion so that I can assess whether it's just my own reaction to it or does it evoke similar responses from other readers - what do you think? Tell me directly at the Book Club on January 14 or email tracey@gingerbreadlane.ca or, better yet, just post here!

Next month's book is "Eat. Pray. Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert - let me know what your favourite leg of her journey was - I'm about to read Indonesia but thus far got to reminisce about my own travels-past throughout her stay in Rome. Hopefully, you'll get caught up in the buzz about this book and join us in February too.
Happy escaping to you!
Tracey

No comments: