Monday, August 25, 2008

The Momoir Project & Motherhood Revelations

A couple hobbies of mine are to read and to write - I enjoy seeing how writers string their thoughts together in creative ways. That why this posting in the Today's Parent September Issue caught my attention. I wondered how many other parents have recorded their child's and perhaps, their own parental, experiences and wondered about sharing them - perhaps even more formally than a blog-amongst-family. Here are two ideas to get the ideas flowing...


Are you interested in putting your motherhood experience into writing? Then the Momoir Project is for you. These writing coursed, currently held in Vancouver and Toronto, are led by established writers, including Today's Parent contributors Randi Chapnik Myers and Cori Howard. Not in Toronto or Vancouver? There are also online courses. For more information about schedules and courses, go to themomoirproject.com

Thank you to Today's Parent for this exciting suggestion!

Also, we've been keen to promote this funny gal and Ginger Mail contributor - Sharon Devellis, blogger (Motherhood: The Ultimate Survivor) and writer.

"I’m tired. I’m tired of reading books written by experts that tell me how I should be raising my children. I’m tired of reading about these so-called “Mommy Wars” and how we’re all competing against one another. I’m tired of judgements. I’m tired of comparisons. I’m tired of reading about who’s better…the mother who works outside the home or the mother who stays home full time. What I want and what I think other mothers want, is a book written about mothers, by mothers. What I want is the truth. And I want you to help me."

To read more about Sharon's Motherhood Revelations project please read on...

And, of course, our own Gingerbread Lane Family Community blog welcomes guest bloggers on any topic family-related - send your post to info@gingerbreadlane.ca

No comments: