Thursday, August 21, 2008

Green is the New Back-to-School Colour



It seems that each direction we turn, we are being reminded to minimize our environmental footprint to become more eco-friendly and aware. In addition to this repetitive (and necessary!) message, we're also being bombarded with back-to-school marketing "got to have ____", "can't do without ______", "get your kids this ______".

As I was standing in line with my own child's school clothes clutched tightly I had a moment of that eco-awareness and I thought I would share it with all the clothes-purchasing-parents out there...leave the hangers behind. Most times, childrens clothes are displayed on small plastic hangers and more often than not, the clothes are packed into your bag with the hangers along with them. Ask to leave the hangers behind, to be reused by the store. Do you really use them at home? Admittedly, I have a few in use in my daughter's closet but don't need a perpetually replenishing stock. I left the hangers behind.

Do you have any eco-friendly suggestions for back-to-school preparations? Post a comment below.

No comments: