Thursday, April 24, 2008

May Book Club "The Memory Keeper's Daughter"




Oh what a moral quandry this book presents - do you feel anger or empathy for David? Do you feel a sense of loss for Norah? Is there any way that you could see this complicated situation being amended?

I have found, in reading this story, that mid-way through I could very easily put it down and walk away from it. Having the book club discussion coming up, obviously I picked it up again and am glad I did. The story, despite its' emotional "stop" mid-way, picked up again quite nicely. I have learned from one book clubber that she experienced that same "stop". Did you?

Please join us for "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" May Book Club - details listed below. For more information or to register - email registry@gingerbreadlane.ca or call 905-271-2900

**Don't miss our Book Exchange April 30 - Bring Your Books In and Take Home Some Great Summer Reads - FREE!**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot! I meant to pop in for this and now it's 8:15 pm Apr. 30 and I've had 2 glasses of wine with dinner and can't drive.

Loved this book too. My mom read it and sent it on to me.

Sigh...