Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Water For Elephants Has Begun


I have (finally) jumped into this book and have been drawn onto the train with Jacob. A metaphor for life - if you take that leap, you might just find yourself a circus. What a grand escape. I love it already. Now, Chapter 3...

Who's joining us for the Book Club this month?


Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen has already begun a tale that I find myself eager to return to at bed time. What a fantastic story to get lost in. If you would care to join the Gingerbread Book club on April 14th - I would enjoy your company. Email tracey@gingerbreadlane.ca for more information.

1 comment:

Kiran said...

So far, its been a thrilling train ride although I worry about poor Jacob with August and Kinko...I just read the bit about being nearly fed to the cats...yikes! I'm really enjoying the way the novel flips from Jacob as a 23 yr old and 93 yr old...both accounts are equally as interesting!


Kiran